DaVita Home Dialysis Healthcare Manager RN in Sumter, South Carolina
"Leadership is not a function of position, it's a function of behavior" - Kent Thiry, DaVita's Chairman and CEO.
As a Program Manager you have a variety of responsibilities and while each day will bring new challenges, your main areas of focus will be the management of patient care, teammates and financials.
Patient Care Management:
• Oversee nursing and technical services for patient training and treatment and ensure that appropriate adjustments in treatment plans are developed and implemented
• Maintain open, proactive communication with physicians, nurse practitioners, DaVita clinics and other healthcare professionals
• Create, implement, and administer policies, procedures and resources to ensure safe, appropriate treatment of patients
• Develop rapport with patients and manage patient concerns appropriately
• If Program Manager is not a registered nurse (RN), work collaboratively with a Clinical Coordinator to manage patient care services according to state-specific guidelines
• Maintain a positive work environment that reflects DaVita's Mission and Core Values and provide work direction for clinical teammates
• Manage all teammate employment areas such as hiring, promoting, job performance evaluations, professional development and disciplinary actions
• Ensure compliance with DaVita policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on nursing practices, infection control practices, worker/patient safety, etc.
• Create and maintain an accurate and timely budget
• Supervise inventory management, including purchasing, product selection and supply usage
• Ensure patient and treatment charge information and other related data are correct
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as a Program Manager:
• A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
• Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
• Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
• Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
• A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
• Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
The shining star in this role should have:
• Associate's degree required with strong dialysis experience OR Bachelor's degree required
• Registered Nurse License required -- Home Dialysis experience STRONGLY preferred
• If functioning as the Clinical Coordinator, minimum of 12 months clinical nursing experience and an additional six months' experience in each modality for which the nurse will provide training required
• Minimum of two years healthcare management experience preferred
• Current CPR certification required
• Other qualifications and combinations of skills may be considered at discretion of ROD and/or Divisional Vice President
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and enjoy the support of a stellar team? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
Visit: http://www.careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.