Sonoco Reg Process Imp Leader in Hartsville, South Carolina
The safety and health of employees takes precedence over any other duties of this position. Under general supervision of the Operational Excellence Manager and Regional Manager, this position is responsible for supporting Productivity/Process improvement on a regional level inside the Paper Division. Conducts studies, makes recommendations and implements processes and systems that improve the process, lowers costs, and drives Productivity and Process improvement. May be required to lead or support key GIM initiatives across divisions and regions. Ability to work closely with all levels of the plant and divisional management is paramount to the success of this position. The person in this position must be able to accomplish goals and objectives through the effective establishment and facilitation of cross functional teams. An understanding of SPS is foundational for the success of this
individual. Being able to implement its concepts is paramount.
· Provides leadership for the Paper Division mills in productivity/process improvement strategies and plans, and manages the implementation of key initiatives. (i.e. SPS, Standard Work for Leaders, Budgeting Process, Six Sigma)
· Assist in leading, coaching, mentoring PE’s in projects, succession planning, SPS, Budgeting and their own personal training plan.
· Works with OE Mgr, Technical Mgr, Regional Mgr and other PI Leaders to develop strategies to improve and create the tactical plan to achieve these strategies.
· Understands Losses and can analyze losses by their respective mills to decide which areas need particular focus. Can mentor others on these losses and create tactical plans alongside these folks to reduce these losses.
· Oversees Budgeting Process for their region. Can collaborate and leverage between other PI Leaders in other regions to achieve ultimate Tons and DCC goal and EBIT.
· Assists in Summer Intern process in their respective region.
· Utilizes Lean- Six Sigma, DMAIC, SWFL, SPS, TPM or other tools as needed to improve productivity, lower costs, reduce scrap and drive improvement in mills / plants.
· Utilizes Lean- Six Sigma, DMAIC, SWFL, SPS, TPM or other tools as needed to teach others on how to improve productivity, lower costs, reduce scrap and drive improvement in mills / plants.
· Demonstrates, and coaches others in effective Project Management skills.
· Manages multiple projects, and supports plant process improvement teams as needed.
· Works with plants/mills leaders and employees to establish standard work instructions and control plans, for respective projects and events, to ensure long-term sustainable improvements.
· Mentors and supports Lean-Six Sigma, DMAIC and TPM processes as needed. Works closely with SPS Specialists. Coordinates SPS and SWFL process implementation as needed.
· In conjunction with Group/Division/plant support teams, conducts/assists in Plant Assessments to identify improvement opportunities. Develops prioritized improvement action plan, based on assessment findings, which include responsibilities, resources and timing.
· Leverages manufacturing/process improvement best practices
· Supports development of strategies in specific manufacturing areas, and may be responsible to develop and lead tactical plans to achieve results in specific areas.
· Identifies actions, initiatives, and opportunities to grow and improve Productivity. Leads/supports key initiatives as needed. May be required to develop and implement these initiatives.
· Identifies needs for specific skills training. Identifies trainer options, and may lead training as required.
· BS degree in Engineering or Sciences or equivalent
· At least 2 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent.
· SPS/TPM knowledge or hands on implementation experience
· Must be a self-starter, high energy, team player, process oriented and established success in leading projects or SPS pillars.
· 50 – 75% Travel
Years Of Experience:
2+ to 5 Years
Level of Education:
4 Year Degree
This is a progression level position and is based on candidate qualifications and business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.
Founded in 1899. Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging, and displays and packaging supply chain services. With annualized net sales of approximately $5.0 billion, the Company has over 20,000 employees working in more than 330 operations in 34 countries, serving some of the world’s best known brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco is proud of being voted one of the Top 25 Global Employers for development of future leaders and has maintained a people-first focus for more than 116 years. We are world class in our abilities to allow all of our employees to use their talent and skills to grow themselves, their careers and our Company. We encourage and enable our employees upward movement within the company, and we’ve built an industry-leading business on the philosophy that every person and every idea counts. Apply today and help us grow stronger.