UNUM Underwriting Support Specialist, CL in Columbia, South Carolina
Job Posting End Date: 05/31
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:This is a mid-level tier in the Underwriting & New Business Systems career path which reports to the Director of Underwriting Systems and Centralized Support. The primary responsibility of this role is to analyze and resolve various issues associated with business acquisition to assure appropriate risks, information security and processing is handled appropriately. These items include, but are not limited to:• Home office errors• Field errors• System generated errors• Select policy changes• Suspense money transactions
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with internal business partners to complete service work requests in a timely manner
• Accurately review and assess necessary action required for incoming service work requests
• Own and process service work based on state assignment within service guidelines
• Review and handle daily reports indentifying policies with system errors
• Review and resolve policy print errors resulting from assigned service work requests
• Monitor financial suspense accounts to ensure monies are appropriately handled in a timely manner
• Create and submit systems Zorro requests for policy master corrections
• Record a clear work-up analysis of all decisions and maintaining all necessary documentation to satisfy internal and state Department of Insurance audits.
• May perform other duties as assigned
• College degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word & Excel)
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to effectively multitask
• Results driven
• Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management Framework
• 1 + years in the functional area or other related area
• Previous collection experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of Underwriting & New Business systems
• PC/Mainframe/applications experience
• Knowledge of Colonial products, operation
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
A Fortune 500 company, Unum’s family of 10,000 employees spans three countries and dozens of office locations. Our employees focus each day on delivering financial protection benefits to millions of workers and their families when they need it most.
The Unum enterprise includes Unum in the U.S. and U.K., Colonial Life and Starmount Life Insurance – each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.