Rose International INC IT Security Analyst in Columbia, South Carolina
Position Title: IT Security Analyst
Position Number: 279777
Location: Columbia, SC
Desired Skill Set:
Cisco, DNS, HTTP, Linux, MAC OS, TCP/IP, UNIX
*C2C IS NOT ALLOWED*
“Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.”
Position: Security Analyst
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Columbia, SC, 29210
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in configuring their DNS systems to utilize client provided DNS Malware protection system and how to troubleshoot.
• Shutdown, recover and decommission security sensors comprised of open-source CENTOS Linux platforms
• Work with Division of Information Security to decommission all security monitoring infrastructure in the Security Operations Center and the removal of the SIEM (Security Information Event Management System).
• Work with technology staff to ensure proper operation of DNS Malware protection service.
• Provide technical support to technical staff with regard to DNS Malware operations in a large variety of network configurations.
• Complete hardware sanitization of systems and all property transfer to Surplus or infrastructure inventory.
• Bachelor's degree, or 4 years of experience in Linux system administration.
• Malware Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
• Security Information Event Management (SIEM) systems development / configuration No 2 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
• Linux Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
• of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
• Detection Systems (IDS) No 2 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Understanding of DNS and DNS Malware protection methodologies
• Expert level ability to administer Linux and open-source systems
• Understanding of computer and network operating system fundamentals on diverse platforms (e.g. Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac/OS, Cisco, Juniper, etc.)
• Knowledge of network protocols and ability to perform TCP/IP packet analysis
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to drive a state owned motor vehicle to any state location if on site installation or assistance is needed.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Cyber awareness and understanding.
• Knowledge of information security topics related to computers, networks, and software
• Experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) configuration, tuning, and operation.
• Understanding of information security event correlation.
• Security project management experience.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)