American Express Director - Client Management - Virtual in Columbia, South Carolina
Do you enjoy a dynamic, collaborative work environment where you can make a mark? Are you someone who knows how to drive significant business results and build new partnerships? Are you excited to join and create a team culture that is opportunistic, innovative, accountable, customer-oriented and results-focused? The American Express Director of Account Development / Client Management oversees an exciting portfolio of small–to–medium ONLINE Merchants (B2B and B2C) concentrated primarily in CA / West Coast and NY / MA. As the Director, you will be responsible for leading a team of 3 Senior Client Managers and 1 Coordinator, to grow revenue, by establishing mutually-beneficial and profitable, long-lasting relationships with merchant accounts. Your team will be accountable for delivering valuable, innovative insights and solutions to our clients across a diverse range of companies within the Online space. You will oversee one of the fast-growing markets in the Western Region, with more than $3B in American Express charge volume and 100 merchant relationships. If you want to join one of the world’s most respected brands and be a part of our future, this role is for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Lead a team of 3 senior client managers, supporting approximately 100 Merchant accounts with more than $3B in charge volume.
- Develop and build a top-performing team to retain and drive increased American Express’ business (B2B and B2C) by growing revenue and improving share. This includes helping your team identify and expand existing business relationships, close acceptance gaps with Merchants, and develop strategic portfolio / account plans.
- Lead team to demonstrate American Express’ value proposition to Merchant clients, and increase share by customizing and reinforcing our value proposition using financials.
- Cultivate a culture of learning, strong challenger sales and consultative relationship management.
- Define what winning looks like and collaborate with enterprise for mutual wins.
- Embrace the fast changing payments landscape and keep current with supply and demand, payment trends and economic and competitive indicators.
- Ensure that American Express is front and center for our valued clients. Modeling key sales behaviors and skills and balance deal vs. skill coaching.
Increase Merchant Satisfaction (NPS score).
Proven people leader with demonstrated ability of building a top-performing sales and account development team. Focus will be on B2B sales growth.
- Track record of driving superior sales results through others by providing strong thought leadership, clear prioritization / pipeline management, sound decision-making and creative problem-solving.
- Innovative leader who has strong change management skills and leads with a growth mindset. Willing and able to contribute directly to team efforts and results.
- Uses breakthrough thinking to generate insights, alternatives and opportunities for business growth/new merchant solutions. Strong business knowledge and financial acumen is a must.
- Strong demonstration of Challenger skills and ability to work with C level executives to grow revenues.
- Ability to collaborate, be flexible and manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment. Use networks inside and outside the business to provide support in delivering goals.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate frequently, candidly and clearly. Ability to listen and adapt/pivot approach
- Existing people leader strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Merchant / acquiring business and/or the U.S. payments industry are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Online companies is required.
- Bachelors Required; MBA is a plus Position is virtual with candidate residing preferably in CA. Travel required 50%.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Title: Director - Client Management - Virtual
Requisition ID: 18003398