FinishMaster Account Manager in Columbia, South Carolina
"You just can't beat the person who never gives up." Babe Ruth
Do you thrive in a fast-paced growing environment? Do you have a talent where you build trust and rapport with customers?
As an Account Manager for FinishMaster you will be targeting, soliciting and securing new business, maintaining and growing existing accounts with the support of your sales team. You will be learning and understanding product lines to best service the needs of our strong customer base.
FinishMaster, Inc. is the leading National independent distributor of automotive paints, coatings and related accessories in the U.S. automotive paint refinishing market. FinishMaster offers its collision repair, automotive dealership, and fleet operator customers a full line of brand-name products from leading manufacturers such as Axalta, PPG and 3M. Founded with a single location in 1968, FinishMaster has grown to more than 200+ sales outlets and four major distribution centers in 32 states. Bring your talent to FinishMaster and take your career to the next step!
You will have the opportunity to:
• Develop partnerships with the sales team, branch representatives and vendors
• Develop strong relationships with key decision makers in the parts, body and equipment industry
• Gain knowledge of market and actively compete for increased market share
• Build target accounts and plans to achieve goals
• Grow accounts by delivering exceptional customer service to a diverse set of customer types and proactively respond to their needs
• Learn, understand, and explain product lines
• Prepare and submit accurate activity reports (MS Office suite)
• Track and monitor customer activity
• Proven ability to develop instant rapport and make a great first impression
• Professional and service-oriented demeanor
• Prior experience with industry paint lines
• Highly organized and has demonstrated high attention to detail and follow through
The Account manager receives a car allowance and cell phone allowance every month.
Salary plus commission
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 – 3 years previous outside sales experience (or industry/related experience) with ability to drive new business, rather than simply service existing business.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong planning and organizational skills.
Entrepreneurial drive and spirit.
Ability and willingness to travel throughout assigned territory (we offer business mileage reimbursement).
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
Physical Requirements (This job may require the ability to perform any of the essential functions contained in this description. These may include, but are not limited to, the following requirements. Specific requirements for a job will be identified at the time of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements):
Ability to lift/carry product, boxes, and equipment, as required.
Ability to push and pull product, boxes, and equipment, as required.
Ability to travel by motor vehicle to customer locations on a daily basis.
- Travels to store and customer locations, daily.
- Reports to (title): SALES MANAGER
FinishMaster, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job ID: 2018-1393
External Company URL: http://www.finishmaster.com/
Street: 220 ONeil Court