Cardinal Health Technician I - Operation Maintenance - Spinning Technician in Camden, South Carolina
Responsible for repair, adjustment, and running of equipment in assigned area. Responsible for producing quality material at set production standards. Responsible for maintaining, cleaning, and lubricating assigned equipment according to area schedule.
- Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must attend all monthly scheduled Safety Meetings.
- Operate machinery in operator’s absence.
- Make necessary repairs to all assigned spinning and warper machinery.
- Report to Production Supervisor all parts necessary for maintenance of spinning and warper machinery.
- Keep spinner operators supplies with rotor brushes.
- Keep workbench clean and neat.
- Complete all assigned maintenance on machinery.
- Blow-out piecers on all assigned machines.
- Make sure sliver is on hand for the spinner operators and that yarn and beams are on hand for the warper operators.
- Blow out area under head and foot ends of assigned spinning frames.
- Deposit all waste in proper receptacles.
- Make necessary trips to supply room.
- Follow all safety rules, plant rules, department rules and implement total quality in his/her area of responsibility.
- Participate in Plant Corrective Action Team Program.
- Participate in Plant Safety Program.
- Report all unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
- Member ERT (Emergency Response Team).
- High School Diploma/ GED; one to three months’ related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, nights and some weekends.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Earplugs required.
- Safety glasses as required and OSHA approved hearing protection.
- Required to wear a safety glove and safety knife when cutting open packages.
- Must also wear safety goggles and a dust mask if within 50 feet of a blow down operation.
- Must wear safety shoes in areas where required.
Environmental Health and Safety Requirements:
- Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) is a major cornerstone of this company’s beliefs. Working safely and protecting the environment are an essential part of an employee’s job performance and all employees are responsible for the following position requirements.
- Sign a letter of EHS Commitment on an annual basis
- Understand and abide by the plant EHS policy
- Understand and abide by the plant EHS Cardinal Rules
- Read the OSHA Poster on the HR Bulletin Boards
- Follow all the standards, policies and procedures outlined in the EHS program
- Attend all EHS training sessions
- Wear and/or use all required personal protective equipment while working
- Immediately report hazardous conditions or environmental risks to your supervisor in order for the supervisor to ensure appropriate corrective action is implemented
- Immediately report any job-related injury or illness to your supervisor, Safety Coordinator, HR or any member of management
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.